The digital revolution, the importance of patient experiences, and changing healthcare laws are transforming the way the healthcare industry connects with its consumers. Customers have higher expectations now that technology affords greater access to individualized solutions and readily available information, and the pool of consumers has grown in large part due to the Affordable Care Act and the aging boomer population.
Now that there are more healthcare consumers with greater freedom of choice, healthcare businesses that could formerly rely on legacy relationships, proximity, and uncontested market share prominence must now pursue forward-thinking solutions to build lifelong connections with their customers. Data personalization is one such solution—to stand out and win business in a crowded marketplace, healthcare organizations should use heavily personalized data tracking to identify and attract attention from their target audiences.
Using Data to Impact Consumers’ Digital Healthcare Journey
As healthcare consumers’ buying journey is reimagined, using data to improve their experience and care is crucial—healthcare providers that prioritize personalization could experience five times higher retention rates. Effective ways of putting data into action include:
- Creating highly tailored ads. Gathering more insight on each consumer allows for improved ad targeting and location-based outreach. You’ll be able to attract customers’ attention at the first step of their healthcare journey, before they have a chance to consider other providers. Using highly personalized ads increases both foot traffic to physical healthcare facilities and web traffic for telehealth services.
- Narrowing down your target audience. As long as data tracking efforts don’t violate HIPAA or other privacy regulations, analytics can help healthcare providers narrow down their target audiences based on location proximity, previous medical history, allergies, and preferred appointment times. Identifying audiences to the highest possible degree of specification enables the creation of carefully tailored ads, targeting only the market segments proven to need the specific product or service or be in the right location.
Improved ad targeting through personalized data can help healthcare organizations transition potential customers from interest to action with an emphasis on the individual patient experience.
Personalization for Long-Term Customer Satisfaction
A patient’s healthcare journey doesn’t necessarily end when they book an appointment or buy your product. Help your company use personalized data to improve customer satisfaction and increase long-term client relationships.
- Know your customers’ lifetime value. Your company can use personalized data to determine each customer’s lifetime value, allowing for smarter and more efficient marketing spend—when you know one audience is more likely to have a long-term need of your services than another, you know reaching them is worth more of your budget.
- Improve personalized care. Just as technology gives healthcare consumers the ability to become more informed and engaged with their care, healthcare organizations can leverage data to personalize the healthcare experience for every patient, improving long-term customer satisfaction. Instead of offering every patient the same treatment, data personalization provides the best treatment options based on an individual’s specific medical issues and personal preferences, encouraging the formation of lifelong customer relationships.
Now and in the future, the healthcare market will be controlled by organizations who can keep up with customer expectations and stand apart from the competition by prioritizing data personalization, tailored advertising, individualized care, and a better patient experience. Leverage Marketing helps healthcare organizations identify strategies for growing and maintaining their market share with personalized data analysis and tailored, location-based advertisements.
Latest posts by Jordyn Smith (see all)
- The Importance of Data Personalization in Healthcare - August 9, 2019
- The Benefits of Blogging for Your Business - November 14, 2018
- The Truth Behind Targeted Advertising - October 24, 2018